Facts of Brenda Harvey Richie
Brenda Harvey Richie is an American music composer and entrepreneur from Alabama.
She is best known as the ex-wife of famous singer/songwriter, Lionel Richie.
Married, Husband, Daughter
She was married to a famous singer, Lionel Richie. Their love story began in the college days at Tuskegee University.
They met while studying and singing with the musical group Commodores.
After dating for a few years, the couple got married on October 18, 1975.
They both informally adopted Nicole Camille Escovedo, the two-year-old daughter of one of the members of Lionel’s band, in the year 1983.
They raised Nicole, niece of drummer Shiela E, as their daughter. She was legally adopted when she was nine years old.
Here is a picture of her with ex-husband and adopted daughter. The caption says,
‘#TBT @lionelrichie @nicolerichie 1990!’.
Her husband was having an affair with a dancer, Diane Alexander, while he was still married to Brenda.
When she found out about the extramarital affair, she suddenly showed up at her husband’s mistresses Beverly Hills home where the two were caught red-handed.
According to reports, Harvey drop kicked Richie in the stomach area. Right after he flew the home, he called the police who arrived just on time to save Diane from Harvey.
Her action led to her arrest for various domestic crimes such as corporal injury to a spouse, resisting arrest, trespassing, vandalism, battery, and disturbing the peace.
Next morning she was released after posting a bail of $5000.
Their marriage lasted for almost 18 years, and they divorced on August 9, 1993.
At the time of divorce, Lionel accused Brenda of beating him up when she learned about his affair.
After divorce, Lionel moved on and married Diane Alexander on December 21, 1995.
The couple was blessed with a son, Miles Brockman, and daughter, Sofia Richie.
The two were born on May 27, 1994, and August 24, 1998, respectively.
One Click Away: Dorinda Medley Husband And Divorce
Both the children are now in the modeling industry. Their marriage didn’t last long, and they divorced in 2004.
The net worth of Brenda is estimated to be $2.25 million. Her annual income and earnings equal to $800000.
The primary source of this accumulated income is from her musical career.
She is the owner of a music publishing company named Brenda Richie Publishing which adds to her income.
She serves as President as well as the CEO of the company.
Her company, Brenda Richie Publishing, owns the rights to most of Lionel Richie’s classics, including “Hello,” “All Night Long,” “Dancing on the Ceiling,” and “Say You, Say Me.” Her company was credited when Drake sampled “All Night Long” for his album, More Life.
Having earned so much money, we can assume that she can afford a comfortable lifestyle.
Her ex-husband, Lionel Richie’s net worth is $200 million.
Below is the list of top musicians and their net worth:
|S.N||Musician Name||Net Worth|
|1||Andrew Lloyd Webber||$1.28 billion|
|2||Paul McCartney||$1.2 billion|
|4||Herb Alpert||$880 million|
|5||Sean “Puffy” Combs||$820 million|
|6||Celine Dion||$800 million|
|7||Dr. Dre||$800 million|
|9||Julio Iglesias||$300 million|
She is active on her Twitter account.
Discover More: Lee Curreri Married Life And Wife
She keeps on updating about her professional achievements on her account.
Info and Highlights (Age, Birthday, Height)
- Her age is currently for 64 years.
- She celebrates her birthday on September 2 every year.
- She has a height of 5 feet 4 inches.
- Her nationality is American.
- She belongs to White ethnicity.
- Her body measurement is 34-26-35 inches.
- Her hobbies include traveling and sailing.
- We cover most of the details about Brenda Harvey Richie as it is difficult to find on other wiki sites.
- In most of her biography, the focus is more her on relationship rather than her career.
- She was born in Brewton, Alabama to parents Marshall and Lucille Harvey.
- She is the former student of Tuskegee University, where she completed her high school.
- She was interested in music since her childhood.
- She started her career as a music composer.
- Some of her work as a music composer is Glastonbury (2015), Lionel Richie Feat Blake Shelton: You were in 1012, and Lionel Richie: Penny Lover (1984).
- She has a house in Los Angeles California.